Have you ever bathed a newborn? Your doula has and she can be there beside you with gentle guidance and reassurance. Is this your first time feeding a baby? With many years experience both breastfeeding and bottle feeding, we will help you find your favorite position or teach you how to get comfortable feeding your baby in bed. Why won't your baby stop crying? A postpartum doula can teach you to recognize and soothe all of your baby's cries.
Sometimes parents bring home their baby and are blissfully happy until sleep deprivation catches up. A doula can help you get back on track by tending to baby through the night while you sleep and bringing baby to you for feeds if you desire, managing light household chores and preparing meals while you bond with your little one or "sleep while baby sleeps".
Perhaps you are finding parenthood lonely and it is not what you expected or you are anxious about your new life. Did you know a postpartum doula is your first line of defense against postpartum depression?
Postpartum doula care is customized based on your needs and may include:
- Postpartum recovery planning
- Feeding support and assistance, including breastfeeding, formula feeding, breast pumping, and alternative feeding practices (special needs)
- Information on postpartum healing, newborn care and up-to-date parenting education based on your personal parenting philosophy
- Light housekeeping and organization
- Care of older children
- Newborn care
- Meal planning, preparation and grocery shopping
- Assistance with creating routines and navigating the firsts (first day out with baby, first day home alone with baby, etc.)
- Unbiased and truly judgement free emotional support
- Referrals and resources
Your doulas are available for as few as 4 hours of care per day. We also offer live-in care and overnight support.