POSTPARTUM PLACENTA SPECIALIST
Following the birth of her oldest child in 1999, Lacey developed a passion for all things pregnancy, birth, and parenting related. Surrounded with knowledgeable support, Lacey found success and joy in her birth and parenting experience, even as a young mother.
As an aspiring doula, she attended her first birth as labor support at the High River General Hospital, in 2006.
Lacey credits her positive experiences with birth, breastfeeding, and parenting to the immense amount of support she has received. Recognizing a consistent need in her community for ongoing family support, led her to become a doula, educator and placenta specialist.
Lacey is a birth doula—trained with both DONA approved doula trainers and ProDoula, a ProDoula postpartum doula, a Childbirth Educator, Breastfeeding Educator, and a Certified Postpartum Placenta Specialist.
When Lacey is not supporting Calgary families through the ups and downs of becoming parents, she enjoys blogging, reading historical fiction, watching fantasy films, eating French macarons, and crocheting.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Certified Postpartum Placenta Specialist (ProDoula)
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (PBi)
- CSC Blood Borne Pathogens Certification
- Biologix Solutions Bloodborne Pathogens for Placenta Encapsulation Professionals Certification
- ProDoula Pre-Certified Labor Doula
- ProDoula Pre-Certified Postpartum Doula
- ProDoula Childbirth Education Certification Program
- DONA International Approved Birth Doula Workshop
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Babywearing for Doulas
- Red Cross Standard First Aid with CPR Level C and AED